Step to improve your environment with Aquaponics system
The modern technique of raising aquatic animals like fish, prawn, snails or other in a tank side by side with the cultivation of plants is known as Aquaponics. The trend of adopting Aquaponics as a hobby in people is increasing day by day. People are showing interest in learning backyard Aquaponics system because of increasing awareness. If you have a backyard facility then you can utilize it by growing fresh vegetables or fruit so that you can feed your entire family easily.
Aquaponics system will feed fresh organic vegetables & other species throughout the year. No need to bother yourself with the up and down prices of vegetables or marine species. You can enjoy your favorite meals throughout the year by doing a just little setup.
Do It Yourself in order to set backyard Aquaponics system:
If you are fed by searching relevant information in order to design backyard Aquaponics system then believe me this article is going to change your life. Aquaponics is a vast field; we are sharing some effective and workable ideas in order to help people like you. In backyard Aquaponics system, you need to summarize following things for an efficient result.
1. Usage of single pump: For home based backyard system you can easily find many pumping design that has inefficient energy used. Initially, you should accommodate one pump in order to make it energy efficient. Remember one thing, always locate your pump outlet higher from hydroponics bed to fish tank because the water will move via gravity flow and that save your energy.
2. Use Gravel bed in a hydroponic system: In order to achieve target result in a hydroponic system then use gravel bed in it. The usage of the gravel bed is not practical on a commercial scale but for backyard system this option is best. With the usage of gravel bed you can have following advantages:
- a. It helps to support your plant far better than any other bed
- b. It also helps in the productivity of plants
- c. It improves the yielding process of plants
- d. It improves the water buffering process
- e. It acts as a dual filter (bio-filter & solid filter)
- f. Cost effective
3. Constant temperature of the water: Beginner’s does not concentrate for maintaining constant water temperature. We want to conclude that maintaining constant water temperature in backyard Aquaponics system helps to improve the plant yielding. Experts suggest maintaining the temperature ranges from 12 degree Celsius to 19 degree Celsius.
Technically it has proved the organism hidden in gravel bed (bio-filter) requires constant temperature in order to convert toxic element into non-toxic elements. The conversion phase of ammonia to nitrate is beneficial of both systems. If you fail in providing required temperature to the system then the bacteria could sleep and the conversion process will stop that affects your species.
You can maintain the temperature of water by inserting external sources like water heaters. You can also place your system where sun exposure is available. Keep one thing in mind that. The process of heating is much cheaper than to make it cool.
4. Test you water: After maintaining the temperature of after you need to focus on the quality of water. From various experiments, it has been proved that.
- For aquatic life, the pH of the water should lies in the range of 6.5 to 8.0.
- For plants, this pH value should lies in the range of 4.5 to 7.0
- For bacteria, the optimum value of pH should be 6.0 to 8.0.
We suggest you to maintain an average pH value of 6.7 to 6.9 which suits for each medium. Must you be thinking about the testing process? Right!
Don’t worry because technology rules our world, there are lots of pH measuring devices available at aquarium stores which cost around 20$ only. Remember one thing, if pH drops below 6.0 then it will affect your microorganism that lessens the rate of the filtration process.
5. Best species in Aquaponics: You can use different fishes for the success of your system but best one’s are:
- a. Barramundi
- b. Catfish
- c. Carp
- d. Tilapia
- e. Trout & others
You can use these fishes as a meal. So it’s better to grow these kinds of fishes first.
Outsource your backyard Aquaponics system:
If you have a lack of knowledge in setting backyard Aquaponics system then don’t worry at all because several companies available in the market offering their valuable services.
The name of “Organic garden harvest” is offering their expertise for those who want to set backyard Aquaponics system but unable to do so. This company is located in Miami, FL. They are elite providers of Aquaponics product & its installation. Several companies are available in the market but opt a perfect company like “Organic Garden Harvest” is on your choice. This is the company on which you can trust.
We have experienced and highly trained staff that offers premium quality design & installation of aquaculture. This company guarantees to give optimum quality result with all kind of support to your backyard garden. As far as concerned of its pricing, Organic Garden Harvest offers market competitive price so that everyone could easily approach them and get 100% premium service.
This company values their client demands and desire. They always make their design as per client expectation with a professional touch. Believe me, if you really want to do some magic in your backyard Aquaponics system them you should consult with this company once.
Hence, this system is becoming popular throughout the whole world. Aquaponics is an environment-friendly system and it could be prepared anywhere even in your dwelling. This system helps in reducing the wastage of water & energy. Aquaponics gives premium quality fresh food within your range throughout the year. If you really want to experience the Aquaponics culture in your dwelling then do it yourself today or you can hire some premium quality service provider.
Once you experience this culture believe me you will never ever gonna leave it.